- Contact Us
- Emergency Management
- Emergency Medical Service
- Extension Service
- Five County Juvenile Detention Center
- Geographical Information
- Health Department - off site
- Information Technology
- Juvenile Probation
- Motor Vehicle
- Parks & Recreation
- Planning & Building
- Public Defender
- Public Works
- Road & Bridge
- Rural Addressing
- Sewer Systems
- Social Services
- Tri-County Probation
- Veteran's Services
- News & Information
St. Anthony & Island Park
St. Anthony Landfill
The St. Anthony Landfill is located north of St. Anthony just off the U.S. Highway 20 Business Loop. Summer hours are in effect from mid-May to mid-Sept. Call 208-624-4502 for exact dates. Winter hours are in effect from mid-Sept to mid-May.
Island Park Landfill
The Island Park Landfill is located at 3970 Yale-Kilgore Road just a short distance west of U.S. Highway 20. In the summer, the landfill is open every day of the week but Wednesday. Summer hours are in effect from mid-May to mid-Sept. Call 208-390-1226 for exact dates of change to winter hours. During the winter, the landfill is open every day of the week but Sunday. Winter hours are in effect from mid-Sept to mid-May.
Computers and other office equipment such as printers and copiers
should be dropped off at the computer recycling spot near the office.
PLEASE SORT YOUR GARBAGE. The County is asking all who use the landfills to help keep them in compliance with state and federal
regulations. The District 7 Health Department and the Department of Environmental Quality make regular
site inspections to make sure that the County is in compliance with all
regulations. The landfill supervisor conducts weekly inspections and a County Commissioner does
quarterly inspections. Anyone who has a city or vendor pick up their garbage, must be sure
that it is only household garbage.
Loads must be sorted in the assigned areas. When the County is no longer able to use its landfills, garbage will have to be transported to a designated area landfill (out of the County) at a very high cost to the taxpayers.
The City or vendors cannot pick up the items listed below. They should be sorted into the appropriate areas.
- Antifreeze, batteries, oil, paint.
- Furniture area - fabrics, rugs, insulation, plastic, vinyl, hoses, TVs, toilets, microwaves, computers.
- Iron area - all metal, automobiles & parts, small house appliances.
- Wire area - wire fencing.
- Slash area - burnable wood products.
- Dead animal pit - dead animals and twine.
- Hay, grain, straw & manure area.
- Concrete & rock area.
- Refrigerators & freezers - $25.
- Recycling bins available.
- Tire fees with rim removed: Car tires - $2.00, Pick-up tires - $3.00, Truck/semi tires - $15.00, Heavy equipment tires - $25.00, and Earthmoving equipment - $40.00. The cost doubles if rims are not removed.
Some files on this page are in PDF format and rquire Adobe Reader to view