Concealed Weapon License


  • Concealed Weapon applications can be obtained and submitted at the Fremont County Sheriff's Office at 146 North 2nd West in St. Anthony.
  • You need to bring in proof of firearms training when you submit the application. This could be a military I.D., certificate from a hunters' education or other firearms training class such as the one given by the Sheriff's Office.
  • You must be fingerprinted when you apply.
  • A background check will also be required. Processing of the application and background check takes about 90 days.

Hours of operation are 8:00AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday (closed for government recognized holidays).

Contact the office at (208) 624-4482

(For details of the Idaho Concealed Weapon laws, Section 18-3302 A-C).


$57 to be paid when application is submitted.


Licenses are valid for five years. To renew your license, you must come in 90 days prior or after the expiration date.

Renewal fees:
  • $38 which is to be paid when application is submitted.

Enhanced Qualifying Handgun Requirements

$75 to be paid when application is submitted. This includes those applicants that already have a Concealed Weapon License and are applying for the Enhanced Concealed Weapon License.
In addition to the requirements needed for a Concealed Weapon License, the following requirements must be met:

  • Has successfully completed within twelve (12) months immediately preceding filing an application, a qualifying handgun course as specified in this paragraph and taught by a certified instructor who is not prohibited from possessing firearms under state or federal law. A copy of the certificate of successful completion of the handgun course, in a form to be prescribed by the director of the Idaho state police and signed by the course instructor, shall be submitted to the sheriff at the time of filing an application under this section. Certified instructors of handgun courses when filing an application under this section shall not be required to submit such certificates but shall submit a copy of their current instructor's credential. The sheriff shall accept as a qualifying handgun course a personal protection course offered by the national rifle association or an equivalent course meeting the following requirements:
    1. The course instructor is certified by the national rifle association, or by another nationally recognized organization that customarily certifies firearms instructors, as an instructor in personal protection with handguns, or the course instructor is certified by the Idaho peace officers standards and training council as a firearms instructor;
    2. The course is at least eight (8) hours in duration;
    3. The course is taught face to face and not by electronic or other means; and
    4. The course includes instruction in:
      1. Idaho law relating to firearms and the use of deadly force, provided that such instruction is delivered by either of the following whose name and credential shall appear on the certificate:
        1. An active licensed member of the Idaho state bar; or
        2. A law enforcement officer who possesses an intermediate or higher Idaho peace officers standards and training certificate.
      2. The basic concepts of the safe and responsible use of handguns;
      3. Self-defense principles; and
      4. Live fire training including the firing of at least ninety-eight (98) rounds by the student.

(For details of the Enhanced Idaho Concealed Weapons laws, Section 18-3302K)

Carrying a weapon outside of Idaho

While we do our best to keep this list up to date, Idaho is constantly changing its laws and regulations. If you plan to travel DO NOT use this list as your official guide. It is your responsibility to call the States you are going to be traveling in and make sure you can carry a weapon in the State.


  • Alabama
  • Alaska (Enhanced Only)
  • Arizona (Enhanced Only)
  • Arkansas
  • Colorado
  • Delaware (Enhanced Only)
  • Florida
  • Georgia
  • Indiana
  • Iowa
  • Kansas
  • Kentucky
  • Louisiana (Enhanced Only)
  • Maine
  • Michigan
  • Minesota (Enhanced Only)
  • Mississippi
  • Missouri
  • Montana
  • Nebraska
  • Nevada (Enhanced only)
  • New Mexico (Enhanced permit only)
  • North Carolina
  • North Dakota
  • Ohio
  • Oklahoma
  • South Dakota
  • South Carolina (Enhanced permit only)
  • Tennessee
  • Texas
  • Utah
  • Virginia (Enhanced permit only)
  • Washington (Enhanced permit only)
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Wyoming


  • Delaware
  • New Hampshire

Laws are constantly changing. DO NOT use this as your guide. The following website is a also a good resource for information: