Aquatic Nuisance Species Technicians
Fremont County Weed Control is accepting applications for Aquatic Nuisance Species Technicians until filled. Applications can be found at www.co.fremont.id.us.Veterans Preference is given. A background check and drug test is required. Please return a completed Fremont County Application Form to:
Fremont County Clerk’s Office
151 W. 1st N.
St. Anthony, ID 83445
EMPLOYMENT DURATION: Positions are Seasonal. Work will be performed from approximately May 19 – Thru September 30, 2017. An additional 2 paid training days are required with dates to be announced. Inspection Stations are open dawn to dusk 7 days a week.
LOCATION: The position is located in Island Park at one of 2 roadside boat inspection stations and 2 docks on Henrys Lake.
PAY: $11.04 per hour plus overtime
DUTY HOURS: 6:00 AM- 9:00 PM (15 hr shifts) 3 days on & 6 days off. Shifts rotate and will include occasional Saturday, Sunday and Holiday shifts throughout the summer.
Fremont County Weed Control: Bryce or Stephenie (208) 624-7442
DUTIES: Seasonal employees will help implement an Aquatic Nuisance Species (ANS) prevention program. Employees will need to supply their own transportation to and from the jobsite. Optional housing is provided by Fremont County and is available for employees only during their three day job shifts.
• Become knowledgeable of aquatic invasive species issues affecting Idaho.
• Interact with the public in various settings to explain the project by providing technical information regarding ANS and the threat it poses.
• Provide boat and trailer inspections at inspection sites.
• Conduct and document boater surveys.
• Operate digital and/or electronic devices.
• Must be 18 years or older.
• Ability to interact and communicate with the public.
• Accurate data collection.
• Position involves some heavy lifting (at least 100 lbs.), pushing, climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, standing, reaching, walking, pulling, manual dexterity to operate equipment, grasping, talking, and hearing.
• Work outdoors in all weather.
• Great people skills.