Fremont County was the first county created after Idaho was admitted to the Union. It was organized by the Legislature in 1893 from the northern part of Bingham County. It was named for John C. Fremont, the pathfinder who surveyed the West for the Government.
The Fremont County Courthouse is open to the public to provide regular “pre-COVID-19” access during normal working hours, 8 a.m to 5 p.m.
Medical screenings and having an appointment to conduct business in the courthouse is longer required., except for the courts. Access to the courtroom and offices on the 2nd floor will only be through the west entrance of the courthouse. Those wanting to enter the courtroom must pass a medical screening and bring/wear a mask while in the courtroom.
We ask the public to continue to practice social distancing while in the courthouse and other county buildings.