- County Commissioners
- Annex Meeting Room Policy & Request
Annex Meeting Room Policy & Request
The Board of Commissioner's for Fremont County, Idaho, recognizes that the Annex meeting room facility belongs to the community. Accordingly, it is the policy of the Board to make the Annex Meeting Room available on a limited basis to established nonprofit groups and organizations for cultural and educational purposes as well as to profit-making organizations for educational, instructional, and training proposes.
The primary purpose of the Annex facility is to provide services to the community and public or private use of the Annex Meeting Room shall not disrupt these services. The Board further recognizes that there are costs associated with use of the Annex Meeting Room and that; consequently, Meeting Room usage fees must be assessed so that tax monies are not used in support of non-county activities. The following rules govern the use and rental of the Annex Meeting Room to protect the regular programs and services, those who use the Annex Meeting Room, and the taxpayers who have provided the facility.
Meeting room usage priorities are County programs, after which the room is available to community organizations and other nonprofit organizations and for profit groups on a "first-come-first-served" basis. The room is available for town meetings of elected officials or representatives of local, state, and national government. Meetings must comply with provision of the Open Meetings Act if applicable. All groups using the Meeting Room must be under adequate adult supervision, with an adult in attendance at all times.
The capacity of the Meeting Room as determined by the Fire Marshall shall be observed at all times. Any group using the facility must comply with all applicable Civil Rights laws. For, an in consideration of the use of the Meeting Room, any person or group using the room shall agree to indemnify and hold harmless the County of Fremont, the Fremont County Annex building and their representatives from and against any and all claims, demands, judgments, settlements, damages, actions, causes of actions, injuries, administrative orders, consent agreements and orders, liabilities, penalties, costs and expenses of any kind whatsoever, which may arise or be asserted, directly or indirectly, with regard to the use of the room.
The County assumes no responsibility for damage to, or theft of, any item displayed or exhibited in the Meeting Room. All items are placed in the Meeting Room at owner's risk.
Reservations will be taken in the order of application. An adult representative of a group shall sign an application accepting responsibility for (a) the group's adherence to the rules, (b) any damage to County property or equipment, and (c) payment of appropriate fees.
Reservations may be made by telephone or in person no more than 12 months prior to the scheduled meeting. Groups who have made a reservation must submit an application signed by the supervising adult, together with the register fee, at the time of reservation. Hours of scheduling shall include the total time involved in the meeting, from the time the organization requires the room, for assembling, set up or other purposes, to the time the room is cleaned and vacated. No meeting shall go beyond 10 pm.
Cancellation of meetings must be made at least 48 hours before the scheduled time. Failure to notify the County of cancellation will result in the forfeiture of the fee. The County may cancel any meeting because of adverse weather conditions or for other emergency reasons. In no event shall the county be liable to the renting group for any damages whatsoever under any thereof (including, without limitation, special, incidental, consequential, or indirect damages for loss of profits or any other pecuniary loss) that may arise out of the county cancellation of the meeting under this section.
Room setup and equipment needs shall be stated at the time the application is submitted. Non-profit organizations may be required to provide a copy of their government form certifying their non-profit status when they submit their initial application. The County reserves the right to reject any application and withdraw previously granted permission for use of the facility for violation of these rules at the absolute discretion of the Planning and Building Administrator and/or the County Commission Board. Permission to use the Meeting Room does not constitute a lease.
Responsibility for Equipment & Facilities
The group assumes full responsibility for all equipment used and any damages to the Meeting Room itself. Groups must provide a qualified operator for any equipment used. Use of electrical or other equipment must conform to normal fire and safety standards. Approval must be received in advance from the County or his/her designee for equipment not supplied by the County.
Nothing may be affixed or mounted to the walls of the Meeting Room except where tackable surfaces are provided. The County will not provide storage for any purpose to any group. The County reserves the right to charge a fee for any needed repairs or cleaning.
The kitchen facility is to be used to prepare light refreshments that may require only warming. On-site cooking is prohibited. All plates, cups, eating utensils, etc. must be furnished by the user. Groups reserving only the Meeting Room will not have access to the kitchen facility. They may bring those items of food and drink considered to be in the light refreshment category that require no warming.
The kitchen and all facilities used must be left clean, all refuse removed from the building, all food items must be removed, all electrical equipment must be turned off, and all furnishings cleaned. The County may charge an additional fee if excessive cleaning is required. The County is not responsible for any equipment left in the Meeting Room or the kitchen.
Rental fees for the Meeting Room are as set by annual resolution by the Fremont County Commissioners and may be changed at any time. Fees are non-refundable unless notice of cancellation is received at least 48 hours in advance of the scheduled meeting. Fees are due at the time the reservation is placed. The Planning and Building Administrator, Board of County Commissioners or their designee is authorized to waive the fee for the room when it is deemed in the best interest of the County.
Fees are as follows:
- For-profit groups will be charged $125 upon reservation, $25 will be refunded if room is left clean. If cleaning is required $25 deposit will be kept.
- Non-profit groups will have $25 refundable deposit due upon reservation. $25 will be returned if room left clean. If cleaning is required $25 deposit will be kept.
- Government entities are not charged any fees.
- Smoking, the use of tobacco products or drugs is prohibited.
- No alcohol or alcoholic beverages of any type may be brought into, served or consumed on the County's premises.
- Illegal behavior is prohibited.
- Organizations may not use the Meeting Room for any unlawful purpose or for the purpose of encouraging and counseling any person (s) to violate the law.
- The name, address and telephone of the Fremont County Annex Building may not be used as the address or headquarters for any group using the Annex Meeting Room.
- Whenever personal injury or loss/damage to property occurs in connection with use of the Meeting Room, it must be reported to staff by the group's adult representative.
- Registering participants for a program will be the responsibility of the sponsoring group and not the County.
- With the exception of help dogs, groups using the Meeting Room are not allowed to bring animals into the Meeting Room.
- The fact that a group is permitted to meet in the Annex Meeting Room does not in any way constitute an endorsement of the group's policies or beliefs.
- The Planning and Building Administrator is authorized to institute procedures and guidelines to facilitate the orderly scheduling and use of the Annex Meeting Room.