- Public Works
ATTENTION ALL USER OF BOTH LOCATIONS:
If you cannot be unloaded and checked out of the facility by closing time 4:30 in Island Park & 5:30 in St. Anthony, you will be turned away.
Island Park Landfill
3970 Yale Kilgore
Island Park, ID 83433
3970 Yale Kilgore Island Park ID 83433
Tuesday through Saturday
7 am to 4:30 pm
Closed Sundays and Mondays. Closed all holidays except Memorial Day, Independence Day, and Labor Day.
St. Anthony LandfillPhysical Address
St. Anthony, ID 83445
St. Anthony, ID 83445
Tuesday through Saturday
8 am to 5:30 pm
Closed Sunday and Monday, Closed All Holidays
ATTENTION ALL USERS:
Beginning June 20, 2023 to July 5, 2023 Fremont County Landfill St. Anthony Location only will be accepting Household waste from Madison County due to a construction project at their facility. To avoid congestion and long wait lines PLEASE separate your loads properly, also PLEASE consolidate your loads to minimize traffic. EXPECT LONGER LINES AND WAIT TIMES.
Thank you for your co-operation,
Fremont County Solid Waste
Meadow Creek Slash Pit
Depending on weather open Mid May through Mid-October from 10 am to 3 pm. Wednesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays.
Meadow Creek slash area will be opening May 31st this year.
OPERATING POLICY INFORMATION
For your convenience and to avoid delays please read and understand the following information:
- As of April 23rd, 2019, the Fremont County Landfill will no longer accept any bill larger than $50
- All vehicles using the Landfill must enter and exit through the scale building.
- Payment will be required according to weight, with a $3 minimum charge for loads less than 80 pounds, with each entry.
- Unsorted or mixed category loads will be billed at the highest per lb category that is present in the load you are depositing (see Landfill Ordinance).
- It will benefit you to bring your loads in, in a properly sorted condition to avoid the higher fee or multiple trips across the scale and causing a bottleneck in the process.
- Recycle facility will be available for clean and separated item to be deposited.
- Accepted recycle items may be offloaded in the recycle building before entering the scales, at no charge to you.
- Have payment method ready at exit window, cash, check or credit cards are accepted. Credit cards require an additional transaction fee of 2.6%.
- Please read and follow all posted signs and scale attendant instructions to avoid unwanted delays and traffic congestion.
- Waste categories and billing rates are available from the scale attendants.
- We look forward to making this transition as convenient and equitable as possible to all Landfill users.
- Due to market changes and absence of opportunities Fremont County is currently not recycling plastics. As of November 1, 2017 we will no longer provide separation bins for Plastics. Please include these items in your regular household garbage.
- Computers and other office equipment such as printers and copiers should be dropped off at the computer recycling spot near the office.
- Cardboard: Due to cost and market condition we will no longer be recycling cardboard!! Please include all cardboard with your household waste!
- All loads must be covered during transport or a $20 fee will be charged.
- Prohibited Wastes: Hazardous, Biomedical, Herbicides, Pesticides, Asbestos, no burned garbage!
- Hazardous household waste products should be fully used for their intended purposes and remain in their original container. Unused, wasted, or unidentifiable quantities of these products require special containment, and expensive disposal costs through qualified outside disposal companies. Quantities of hazardous materials such as paints and stains will not be accepted in any container exceeding 5 gallons (residential only). Any generator producing 200 pounds or more of these materials is a Commercial generator!
- Commercial generators of hazardous waste cannot dispose of these materials within the Fremont County Solid Waste System. According to Federal Law commercial hazardous waste generators are responsible for the proper disposal of their hazardous waste. Qualified disposal companies such as Emerald Services Inc should be contacted for your disposal needs.
- Acceptable Waste: Kitchen garbage, glass, clothing, styrofoam, mattresses, carpet and hoses.
- All garbage must be seperated into proper disposal areas!
- Non-Municipal Solid Waste (NMSW) may include agricultural, construction and demolition wastes.
- Construction and Demolition Waste means solid waste resulting from the construction, remodeling, repair and demolition of structures, roads, sidewalks and utilities; solid waste consisting of vegetation from land clearing and grubbing, utility maintenance, and seasonal or storm-related cleanup. Such wastes include, but are not limited to, bricks, concrete and other masonry materials, roofing materials, soil, rock, wood, wood products, wall covering, plaster, drywall, plumbing fixtures, electrical wiring, electrical components containing no hazardous materials. It shall not include asbestos waste, garbage, styrofoam, cardboard, furniture, carpet or pad, appliances, loose insulation, electrical equipment containing hazardous materials, tires, drums and containers even though such wastes resulted from construction and demolition activities. Clean rubble that is mixed with other construction and demolition waste during demolition or transportation shall be considered to be construction and demolition waste.
- Prior to Delivery: Large Demolition Projects will require an asbestos-free certification or proof of proper abatement, as well as prior approval from landfill supervisor.