- Clerk's Office
- REGISTER TO VOTE
REGISTER TO VOTE
In order to vote in the next election, you must meet all of the requirements below. Please keep in mind, Idahoans can register to vote in advance of the election or when they show up to vote at the polls.
- You must be 18 by Election Day
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must have lived in Fremont County for 30 days prior to Election Day
- Provide valid photo identification (drivers license, state issued ID, tribal card, U.S. passport or current student ID)
- You must provide either a state ID number or the last four digits of your social security number
- You must provide proof of residency (drivers license, vehicle registration, current utility bill, bank statement, etc.)
- Felons may not register until they have completed the terms of their sentence
Register to Vote
Voters have three options to register to vote.
- You can register online,
- You may print out a voter registration form and mail it to our office: 151 West 1st North RM 12, St. Anthony, ID 83445
- You may also register in person at the polls on Election day.
Military or overseas (UOCAVA) voters can visit FVAP.gov to register and request a ballot.
- In Idaho you cannot vote at any location. You must vote at your assigned polling location. Don’t wait until Election Day to figure out where you need to go to vote. Find where your polling location is HERE.
- During an election, voters in Fremont County can vote between 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. If you know you will be unable to vote during this period of time on Election Day, consider early voting. If you requested an absentee ballot, it must be received by the Elections Office by 8 p.m. on Election Day.
- Bring your ID. In Idaho, you will need to bring a state issued ID, tribal card, U.S. passport or current student ID with you to vote. If you forget your photo ID, you will be allowed to sign a Personal Identification Affidavit, if you are already a registered voter.
- Ask for Help. If you have questions on Election Day, speak with a poll worker. They are there to help you.