How do I request restitution?

The victim/claimant should contact the county prosecuting attorney's office about ordering restitution as soon after the charges are filed as possible. The prosecuting attorney's office will assist in preparing a restitution statement to inform the judge of your reimbursable expenses and enable the judge to determine and order the appropriate restitution. If restitution is determined inappropriate, an order giving the reasons for the denial will be issued by the court.

When the victim/claimant is awarded restitution after receiving benefits from the Crime Victims Compensation Program, the Crime Victims Program is reimbursed first, with the remainder paid to the victim/claimant.

Show All Answers

1. Who may file a claim for financial assistance?
2. What are the conditions for eligibility?
3. What are the reimbursable expenses?
4. What expenses are not covered?
5. How do I file a claim for benefits?
6. How is the program funded?
7. What is Restitution?
8. How do I request restitution?
9. What happens after an application is filed?
10. Does the offender have to be convicted for the victim to be eligible for compensation?
11. If the victim has an insurance policy, will the program still cover the victim's expenses?
12. What is the Idaho Industrial Commission?