When do victim's rights begin?

When a criminal complaint or juvenile petition is filed by the prosecuting attorney. This is when a case is filed with the court (charged), NOT when a statement is given to the officer. To exercise your rights as a victim, you must make a written request to the District Court on a form provided by the prosecuting attorney.

Show All Answers

1. Which criminal offenses equip victims with rights?
2. Who is a victim of crime?
3. When do victim's rights begin?
4. Who is the prosecuting attorney?
5. Who should I contact for assistance?